[3830] NCQP KF6NCX SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP KF6NCX SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 02:45:54 +0000
                    North Carolina QSO Party - 2020

Call: KF6NCX
Operator(s): KF6NCX
Station: KF6NCX

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 2.25

   80:
   40:
   20:   2      0       0
   15:   0      0       0
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   2      0       0  Mults = 2  Total Score = 62

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Bless my KPA500 amplifier! Conditions seemed pretty awful for this contest. If
I'd only been running 100 watts, as I used to in my pre-amp days, I truly doubt
I would have been heard by the two stations I worked.

As it turned out, one of the stations I worked, N4A, was a bonus station, giving
me an extra 50 points. I spent an hour or so in the morning on 20 meters and
only heard a couple of CW stations, which I could not work. The band was really
noisy. I heard no contest stations on phone on 20. And 15 seemed completely
dead. Conditions were a bit better in the afternoon on 20. My end-fed wire
antenna was certainly not hearing much today.

Conditions seemed even worse on Saturday. I spent an hour in the late afternoon
on the South Carolina QSO Party but heard no contesting stations on 20 (both CW
and phone). Fifteen was dead, also.

Thanks for the Qs!  73, Larry