[3830] ARRLDX SSB K7SS SO Unlimited QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K7SS SO Unlimited QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 22:54:57 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: SO Unlimited QRP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    5     2
   80:    3     3
   40:   23    18
   20:   73    28
   15:    9     5
   10:
-------------------
Total:  113    56  Total Score = 18,984

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

"QRP on SSB at the bottom of the cycle?"... you ask...
you must be out of your mind...!

well.... i do ponder that decision myself... but after looking up the W7 record
for SAQrp, which was 72 points, i figured Id make a few Qs, then see if I
couldnt do better than that..

....which of course happened in the first 20 minutes on 14mhz with the band open
to JA.

....so, decided to work a few more to make sure the record might stand for a
year until we get 15 and 10 back.

First nite was fun on 20....as it usually is....and most stations were fairly
easy to get in the log, with some short wait times.... but the Saturday morning
opening to EU was another story in itself....  lets just say 3 hours of opening
with good strong signals from EU  (which means anyone east of here with a wet
string would get them before me with my 5 watts..)  ..NOT A SINGLE Q was made
to EU.

Waiting lines to work ANY EU were worse than the Costco checkout lines, with
endless carts full of cleaning supplies and TP.. ... so calling EU stations was
fruitless...they seemed to have endless customers..

anyway... thats my story, and im sticking to it.

Cured of QRP ?  oh for sure...for now... but the challenge will no doubt raise
its mocking head and get me again.

An old friend once told me "LIFE'S TOO SHORT FOR QRP" ... I should
have heeded those words.. :-)

73 and see you in the next one.. a hearty THANKS to those who could hear me.
They deserve all the credit for the Q.

Danny K7SS