[3830] ARRLDX SSB NC1I(K9PW) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pete73w@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB NC1I(K9PW) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 16:19:18 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: NC1I
Operator(s): K9PW
Station: NC1I

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   71    46
   80:  163    71
   40:  518    98
   20: 1369   104
   15:  146    55
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total: 2269   376  Total Score = 2,517,696

Club:

Comments:

Thanks again to Frank and Charlene for hosting another fun weekend allowing me
to play radio.

Highlight was Saturday afternoon.  A 20m run with more than 100 JA QSOs.  This
included several QRP stations.

40m on Saturday afternoon was good, but only after winning a frequency war with
an eastern European station.  Not sure who it was, but my thanks to another
station that came on frequency and complained to that EU station about their
splatter & they left leaving a clear frequency!  I know it isn’t true, but
sometimes I think we were better the way 40 meters was 30 years ago.  You knew
the frequencies and time schedules of the broadcast stations, so they could be
avoided to some extent.

My 20 meter runs into Europe were highly inconsistent again.  Still need to
figure out what I’m doing wrong.  The rate sheet looks like it was made by a
random number generator!

Flight home yesterday had 30% empty seats instead of a normally full flight.  My
row was empty.  So, got to stretch out and nap a bit.

73,
Pete
K9PW