[3830] Commonwealth VE3UTT SO-Open-Remote-12 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ajt@atolda.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VE3UTT SO-Open-Remote-12 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 10:56:18 +0000
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest - 2020

Call: VE3UTT
Operator(s): VE3UTT
Station: VE3UTT

Class: SO-Open-Remote-12 LP
QTH: FN04
Operating Time (hrs): <10.5
Remote Operation

------------
   80:    5
   40:  102
   20:  171
   15:   11
   10:    0
------------
Total:  289  Total Score = 3,645

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

K3 / Optibeam / 80m "V"

Thought I would see how LP would be; only missed one or two stations S&P
that would have been easy with HP.  Of course running suffers but in this
contest there didn't seem to be anyone who just tries to take your run frequency
like in most bigger contests.  There was only one VE3 HP station that tried for
a few minutes perhaps he didn't hear me.

RFI prevented any real use of 80m again even with using 50w stations still had
problems copying my poor signal - thanks to the 5 that did.

Always a fun contest but classes are a little inane putting anyone except QRP
with a Yagi or even a Hexbeam in the HP open class - dumb but that's just my
opinion.