[3830] Commonwealth VE9AA SO-Open-12 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VE9AA SO-Open-12 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 11:38:40 +0000
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest - 2020

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SO-Open-12 HP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 5:01
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:   90
   40:   90
   20:  159
   15:    4
   10:    0
------------
Total:  343  Total Score = 3,655

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

First 2 hours were awesome with 98 & 99 rates (really great for this
contest)
Things went downhill from there.

I only put in 5 hrs + 1 minute, so no complaints from me.

Same as others have already noted; few from AF/CARIB and I worked lots of G and
VE3 (thanks to both!)

Did 2 KB SO2R for the very first time later in the contest, so sorry for the
occasional goof.  I am slightly less of a lid than I may have actually sounded!

Nice to get Dave 3B8XF in the log on 2 bands....had I been around later in the
afternoon I am sure 15m would've come too.

73 es CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.

dit dit
Mike VE9AA in New Brunswick, Canada
 2 X Icom IC7410 and an assortment of wiggly wires;
10m - Wire GP base @ 13feet or 2-el yagi @ 24 feet - or the 160m antenna
15m - 5-el wire SVDA or Delta Loop
20m - Wire 4-Sq or Delta Loop
40m - Wire 4-Sq
80m - Wire 4-Sq
160m - Wire Inverted L (more like an inverted J)
When operating SO2R,a ZS6BKW @ 35feet w/15m add-on,only used for radio 2