[3830] WiQP AF8A SO Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WiQP AF8A SO Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 01:59:39 +0000
                    Wisconsin QSO Party - 2020

Call: AF8A
Operator(s): AF8A
Station: AF8A

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:     48
   40:     65
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
------------------------
Total:    113       0  Mults = 47  Total Score = 15,933.0

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Seven hours well spent working the land of cheese & curds.  The mobiles, as
usual, kept it interesting.  I pretty much ran out of fixed stations to work
about 5 hours into the 7 hour ’test.

Though I don’t have any hard numbers to back this up, it seems that
participation in the state QSO parties has been on the wane.  Technical
difficulties mobiling? Greta Thunberg? Band conditions?  Older ops?  Too many
contests?  The Internet/YouTube/AppleTV/Roku etc?

Perhaps we’ll see the day where, with minor exceptions, QSO Parties will move
to a regional model, as happens today in the 7th call area and New England.  The
bigger events, like CA and FL and a few others, may be able to stand on their
own, but we could be headed towards a circling of the state QSO Party wagons.
Ideally, a strong Cycle 25 will be the cure.  We can hope…