[3830] Commonwealth 3B8XF(G3TXF) SO(A)-Open-24 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth 3B8XF(G3TXF) SO(A)-Open-24 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 15:14:30 +0000
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest - 2020

Call: 3B8XF
Operator(s): G3TXF
Station: 3B8XF

Class: SO(A)-Open-24 HP
QTH: Roches Noires
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
   80:   68
   40:  147
   20:  198
   15:  168
   10:    1
------------
Total:  582  Total Score = 6,610

Club: Three As Contest Group

Comments:

Antennas were single band dipoles for 20m-15m-10m and an HF2V for 40/80. All
were installed right by the Indian Ocean. However the 10m antenna was almost a
complete waste of time, because despite many attempted QSOs after being prompted
to QSY from 15m, none were successful. The only station worked on 10m was Prasad
VU2PTT.

The HF2V vertical with its toes right in the Ocean made operating on both 40m
and 80m most enjoyable.

Sadly on the Monday after the Contest we learned that the airport on Mauritius
was due to be closed to incoming Europeans. Sadly we had to dramatically shorten
our visit to Mauritius