[3830] WiQP NE9U Multi-Op Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne9u@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WiQP NE9U Multi-Op Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 16:09:08 +0000
                    Wisconsin QSO Party - 2020

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U N9ISN
Station: NE9U

Class: Multi-Op Mobile LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:    260
   40:    305
   20:     88
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:              6
  UHF:
------------------------
Total:    653       6  Mults = 69  Total Score = 142,792.0

Club: Honey Badger Contesters

Comments:

My mobile partner from recent years decided not to go this year.  And since he
was in possession of our top secret home brew have to kill you if we told you
what it is antenna, I dug into my old stash of Hustler mobile whips and jury
rigged a last second mobile installation together.  Seemed to work ok, but at
least on 80 it was more of a dummy load than antenna.

N9ISN and I headed north to my Florence County cabin Saturday afternoon and
elbowed our way past couple hundred people to get a good steak Saturday night!
(not concerned about any Corona but beer in the nort woods!)

Had a good breakfast Sunday Morning and hit the Road.

Everything worked OK.

Everything was LONG as expected.  80 seemed good to Wisconsin Counties from the
start, but no one was there.  Wish guys would learn to go to 80 early at this
stage of the sunspot cycle.  Amazing to have OM2VL call into my dummy load 80
meter whip 3 times and 6 times on 40 meters. Thanks Laci!

Thanks to N9ISN for driving and to WARAC for sponsoring the contest.  I've lost
count but this was close to our 30th year going mobile...

73

Scott  NE9U

Equipment:

K3