[3830] Rus DX W4LT SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lromero56@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX W4LT SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 01:36:59 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2020

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4LT

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5
Remote Operation

  160:    0      0        0         0
   80:    0      0        0         0
   40:  103     58       30        10
   20:    0      0        0         0
   15:    0      0        0         0
   10:    0      0        0         0
Total:  103     58       30        10  Total Score = 26,320

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rig: Flex 6400 Internet remoted with Maestro/N1MMLogger+ - 100w
Antennas: F12 EF240X at 118 ft fixed at 40 degrees magnetic (no rotor control)

Again, not much time to contest due to house prep around here.  Also working
with my wife and her computer to set up a "remote classroom" for her
as she is a teacher and schools are closed here.

Still getting used to remote operation. Learning the timing cadence of the
latency.  Spent an hour attempting to make N1MM send Winkey with sidetone
through Maestro and finally lied to the radio telling it that I was using a hand
key. That worked! Cat control through SmartCAT kept arguing about ports not
provisioned. Removing the Winkey port and just letting Microham Router deal with
it made things run smoothly.

Radio is stranded at the Tampa ARC W4DUG club station building due to city
closing the facilities (The club is in a city park) for Coronavirus.  Its there,
why not use the antennas? :)

Never heard this contest so busy. Lots of stations on the air to work. Too bad I
couldn't turn the beam. Heard a VK2 and a YB long path but they didn't hear me.
Great way to pass the time.