[3830] WPX SSB W4LT SO(A)AB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lromero56@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W4LT SO(A)AB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 21:02:31 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4LT

Class: SO(A)AB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Remote Operation

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  300
   20:  105
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rig: Flex 6400/Maestro Internet Remote via Tampa HamWAN
Antennas: Foce 12: C31XR for 20m @ 108ft, EF240X for 40M @ 118ft

Both antennas fixed unrotatable (set at 35 degrees magnetic from Florida -
Burning the trees down in YO/LZ/9A land on 40: 60 degree beamwidth is accurate,
hi hi!)

These antennas are located at the Tampa ARC facilities, now closed for Virus
Apocalypse, where my rig is stranded. Hell, I may as well use them, since I cant
go get the radio as the club is closed!

Best experience so far running and SSB contest over the internet remotely. I
think I'm getting the hang of managing PTT with latency delay for quick
turnaround of a contact. abt 80% S&P for this one.

No DVK and no Antenna rotation took me back into the '70's.

The radio performed well, although I can now understand why the 6600'd has a 7th
order filters vs the 6400'ds third order filters. The receiver got crushed
often, especially in the afternoons on 20m when the band was busy.  Learned that
AGC-T is really RF Gain in "digital". Kind of like the Slope control
in Elecraft K3.

Bands were really busy. Everybody was on!  Great fun even for a lowly
"W" at 100w.

Lu W4LT