[3830] WPX SSB KT7E(@K7ZS) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kevin.k7zs@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KT7E(@K7ZS) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 01:17:07 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: KT7E
Operator(s): K7ZS KE7AUB KR7X K7RF K7ZO NK7U K7MK
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

------------
  160:   13
   80:  231
   40: 1218
   20: 1255
   15:  108
   10:    7
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

We have the perfect hobby for 'shelter in place' ... and 'social distancing' ...
but it did require a little different approach to his contest.  W7ZB, our 'lead
pilot' chose to operate from home, and our remote players in our 'hybrid'
station - withboth local and remote ops all linked together, were to play a
major part to keep the station operators isolated.  I even setup the 2nd local
station in another room.  An amplifier issue dashed the remote after the first
day, so we went local for the 2nd day.  But we kept our distance!

40m just incredible to start, and 20m seemed lethargic.  15m tough sledding,
better no Sunday.  AND, on Sunday 20m to EU was a disappointment with a K index
of 3 and the Auroral flutter making it a chore.

Stateside finally came into it's own on Sunday afternoon on 20m, and for a
change the rate stayed great the last 5 hours of the contest.

BIG thanks to Joe NK7U for his antenna contributions here, transformed this
little pistol station ...  Again Andy KE7AUB with dual all night performances,
and a full Sunday to the bell.  Thanks Scott K7ZO for heading up the remote user
setup, which has lots of details, and for creating the operating schedule.

Remote ops were in Florida (NK7U) Arizona (K7ZO) Idaho (K7MK) and Oregon (Hank
KR7 and Jon k7RF). Big thanks to all that contributed.

In the end, about the same QSO counts as last year, but a better MULT total put
us a good 15% ahead of last year's score.

Good fun, and a safe sport!

73 Kevin K7ZS for PDXRCC Club aka KT7E