[3830] WPX SSB W2LCQ SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2lcq@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W2LCQ SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 02:31:50 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W2LCQ
Operator(s): W2LCQ
Station: W2LCQ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: NYC Manhattan
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:
   80:   73
   40:   63
   20:   46
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Sideband contests are tough. With my small antenna and only 100 watts its
difficult to bust though the QRM, QRN and pileups. Friday night conditions were
awful. Felt like giving up but early morning hours Saturday bands were less
crowded. Bud's Telnet filter worked great filling my band map and AW with spots
but most of them I could not hear and many of the ones I could hear they could
not hear me. Moral of the story: since you can't do anything about the antenna
get a 500 watt amp. 15 meters was useless again. Rig tunes up with unity SWR but
I can't hear anything. Missed my 200 QSO goal. Better luck next time.

Icom 7300 100 watts out
Icom AH-4 Auto Tuner
Icom SM-20 desk mic
Antenna end fed #22 gauge magnet wire 30 ft long, up 30 ft in a sidewalk tree
Dell Latitude 7840 laptop w/Windows 10/N1MM+