[3830] WPX SSB VK2CZ SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VK2CZ SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 02:46:31 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: VK2CZ
Operator(s): VK2CZ
Station: VK2CZ

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Sydney
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  328
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

A solitary single band 20m operation with slamming open & shut doors on long
path propagation to both North America and Europe. And near instant switching to
short path propagation, with (many unworkable) signals audible 20 hours out of
each 24.  Trying to punch thru the obvious far end QRM encountered by stations
there made it extra challenging from Oceania, and I missed some 20 over 9
stations that simply could not hear me...
The final hour I managed to run the whole time beaming 320 degrees into SE
Asia.. my antenna got stuck in a drooping wet tree branch, so had little
choice.

The simply brilliant Justin Johnson (G???) 4 element OWA Antenna that I built
has near 40db side and rear rejection.. The 5 element OWA version is on the
ground right now, ready to get into the air.. My mojo has returned to 90% after
successfully having my leukemia suppressed to a 0.01 level (on a scale of 1 to
5)..

Lets hope we don't see operators become SK over this new bug.   Single Op is a
good idea these days..

All the best,
David Burger VK2CZ
Chartered Professional Engineer.