[3830] WPX SSB NC8C(K8RR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NC8C(K8RR) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 01:55:17 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: NC8C
Operator(s): K8RR
Station: K8RR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 29.7

------------
  160:    9
   80:  186
   40:  830
   20:  150
   15:    1
   10:    0
------------
Total: 1176  Prefixes = 453  Total Score = 900,564

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

2020 CQ WPX SSB using North Coast Contest Club call, NC8C. Murphy visited on
Friday evening to cause a slow and sporadic S&P start instead of running as
planned. The benefit turned out be lots of high-point-value, low-band DX and
rare prefix multipliers. Running was nearly impossible on 20 meters with a low
wire dipole antenna. Good performing 160 and 80 meter vertical wires didn't make
up for pretty poor band conditions here. But, the 40 meter vertical wire was the
star performer, over 60 ground radials. Phasing the verticals with an Active
Receive Vertical using the DXE-NCC-2 saved the weekend, taking received S7-S9
noise down as low as S3. I may have fallen short of my goal of over 1500 Qs, but
results were reasonable, considering a surprise illness (not COVID-19) and the
lack of a beam on a tower or even a high dipole for the high bands. A total of
1176 contacts for 1988 points with 453 unique prefixes is one of my highest
scoring contests. Thanks for the Qs everyone. Please take care, be safe and stay
well. 73, Rod K8RR