[3830] NA Sprint SSB KJ5T LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@kj5t.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KJ5T LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 03:19:30 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - April

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:
   40:   1        1
   20:  32        2
---------------------
Total:  33     Mults = 22  Total Score = 726

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Had no plans to operate this contest but was staring at my FT-857D which I
dusted off and put on my desk earlier this week.  I hooked up my Hamstick dipole
and made a few contacts on 20.  Ran only 50 watts with the 857D, I have some RF
issues I need to work out.  I switched to 40 meters using the end-fed wire but
because of an issue my YT-100 tuner isn't working and a manual tuner would have
been a pain so I switched to the KX2 and ran 12 watts, managed to finally get
one station (K9ZO) to hear me on 40 meters afer an hour.  Decided to call it
quits an hour an early.

I will note the signals on 40 did sound great, I just didn't have the power or
the antenna to really work them.