[3830] NA Sprint SSB WD6T(@N6RO) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB WD6T(@N6RO) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 04:15:30 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - April

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

   80:   61
   40:  117
   20:   80
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Wow, great activity.  Tough contest.  I had the wrong strategy , based on my
expectation that I'd run out of people to work, and that I had to milk 20.  Plus
had a few screw ups at the start where CAT wasn't working so all frequencies
were getting logged as the same.  Fixing that broke DAX.  Finally got that
straightened out.

But mostly, it just took me a while to get in the swing of things.  Many passed
me by.  But eventually I got the hang of it and started taking advantage of SO2R
and caught up with and passed some, though others left me in the dust.

Got lucky with a few mults.   Fun to work lots of NS Sprinters and other
familiar calls.

Worked a number of other remotes where we kept stepping on each other.  Latency
X 2.
 No, it's not as good as in person.  But it beats not showing up at all.

WD0T and I kept calling the same person at the same time.

Finally catching my breath.  Whew!

Thanks to the team that puts on this contest.  And I REALLY want to win a
T-shirt!

And of course, thanks to Ken N6RO.

73
Dave