[3830] LaQP NO5W Fixed CW/Dig LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] LaQP NO5W Fixed CW/Dig LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 14:48:52 +0000
                    Louisiana QSO Party - 2020

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: Fixed CW/Dig LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:
   80:
   40:     33                 14
   20:      9                  8
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:     42       0         22           0  Total Score = 3,696

Club: Jefferson ARC

Comments:

I usually operate from my club station (W5GAD.org) but the COVID-inspired lock
down here in the New Orleans area locked me out of that option and I was forced
to improvise. A pair of old Hustler (40 and 20) resonators and an old mag mount
did the trick when I placed them on the tin roof of the shed in the backyard.
The only problem was I had to move the K3 and power supply to the shed since I
didn't have enough feed line to reach from inside the house. I could have also
moved the laptop but decided to just log and send by hand which was fun. As you
can see 40m was the "money band". The 40m antenna liked the tin roof
more than the 20m. Fortunately I got the hint and moved to 40m early in the
afternoon increasing my fun quite a bit. I would have stayed longer but the
mosquito visits caused a loss of focus and fun.

Thanks to all who called in.

73/Chuck/NO5W