[3830] 144SprngSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 18:45:59 +0000
                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31/CT
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  QSOs = 106  Mults = 37  Total Score = 3,922

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Walked into the shack around a half hour before the contest and found the noise
level was s8 or more in all directions. It stayed that way for most of the
sprint though in the last hour it dropped to s6 or so in some directions. The
noise made it impossible to work weaker stations. This is the first time I've
had the issues to the NE which was my one direction for the last few years on 2M
that was ok.

Was hoping with everyone at home that activity might be above recent levels. I
don't think it was though in with my noise issues on 2M and poor condx it is
hard to know for sure. Condx were well below normal much of the time. I had
trouble working stations like VE2XX and NG4C who are loud here most of the time.
Others who are easy to work were not even heard despite tries set up on ON4KST.
The weather was warmer than it has been in awhile but it was very dry so assume
that hurt the condx.

I didn't keep track but would estimate I made about 20 QSO's on FT8 with the
rest on SSB or CW. There were still a number of stations on FT8 near the end I
hadn't worked that I never did that would have been easy to work on ssb. Nice to
work EN90,91,02 and 03 in the contest and up to FN46 and down to FM16 and 06.

All in all it was fun which is what counts. And with everything else going on it
was a very nice change of pace to get on the air. Instead of 73 I heard "be
well" or "stay well" a lot from my over the air friends. Hope to
see everyone on the 222 sprint next week.

Be well!

Jeff K1TEO