[3830] 144SprngSprnt KA2KQM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kotoka2kqm@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt KA2KQM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 18:55:23 +0000
                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: KA2KQM
Operator(s): KA2KQM
Station: KA2KQM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EM74tm
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Club:

Comments:

Thanks all for participating in the 2 meter Spring Sprints and kicking up the
activity level for an evening! Conditions in the Southeast were variable with
some QSB, but seemed mostly average to slightly below average. From the comments
here and also on ON4KST, it looks like there was a lot of FT8 activity. All of
my QSO's were on SSB except for one contact on CW. My lack of FT8 capability
cost me several QSO's. I spent maybe 25 - 30% of my time calling CQ on CW trying
to attract attention. But, received only one response. So would assume that CW
is no longer preferred by many operators due to FT8 or other reasons? I would be
interested in feedback in this area. I spent about 50% of my time calling CQ on
CW and SSB on 144.190. But that did not generate many responses. Search and
pounce produced much better results. I only heard a few stations calling CQ on
.200 or anywhere? During this Sprint I was able to work stations in GA, FL, NC,
TN and MD. Kind of a unique grouping with odd, thought provoking gaps in
coverage. Station here was Yaesu FT-847, 8877, 7/8ths hardline to 16 elements at
70 feet. Station is at 3200 ASL. Thanks again to all who participated. And,
thank you to Bruce, WA7BNM for hosting us on the 3830 Contesting site! I hope to
hear and work many of you on 222, 432 and up in the following weeks! 73, KA2KQM