[3830] CWopsT N3BB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N3BB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 15:38:46 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Apr 8

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:   10
   40:  106
   20:   22
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  138  Mults = 1  Total Score = 138

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I'm such a newbie this thing. TR-Log does not support it, so I have a kludge
version of WPX to at least log it and send messages. Did make some progress last
week with help from N5AW and K5OT to get the current CWO DataBase installed. It
was painful but now is operational. My kludge program works fine now to send and
receive but won't score, hence this quickie score.

The rates that some achieve is mind boggling, so Hopefully I can hit the 170-180
range, but never gonna be in that Interleaved crowd. In fact, as a newbie, I sat
there for up to five seconds and waited for several ops to come back to me, as
apparently they were completing a contact on the other radio and it was up to me
to wait patiently for them to come back to my call. Very herky-jerky. That's not
good operating as far as I'm concerned, so no more waiting more than a second or
so in the future.

Several commented on EU openings from W5, but I never heard a single one.

I'm still a hard-core Sprint and NS guy, but the CWT has really good
participation and is a nice CW fix.

GM and stay safe all,

73, Jim N3BB