[3830] 144SprngSprnt K2DRH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2drh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt K2DRH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2020 06:22:03 +0000
                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: K2DRH
Operator(s): K2DRH
Station: K2DRH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EN41vr IL
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 75  Mults = 41  Total Score = 3,075

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

The nice tropo due to the temperatures yo-yoing pretty much took an evening off
but conditions were still decent and probably having everyone stay at home due
to the pandemic made for a busier than usual contest.  Normally I’m lucky to
hear 20 stations in this test, not enough to even bother posting a score.  I get
on mostly to work the rovers that may have a chance to claw their way to the
top.  But this was pretty fun so I stuck with it instead of going in and out
every hour or so just to work the rovers and whoever else may be around.

I worked everyone I saw on FT8 or heard on analog.  Lots more folks than usual
for a Sprint but lots of folks I hear in the major tests were missing too.  If
they had been around I may have worked more Qs and more grids, maybe even enough
to equalize the east coast activity which seems to have been pretty decent too.
Last hour out here is pretty quiet in Central time and while there was still
some activity up to the NW by the twin cities (Minneapolis/St Paul) all the way
to SD, there is still not nearly as much there used to be and a lot of easy
grids went begging.

Best DX was K1TEO FN31 at 872 miles when we did a hail mary MSK144 Ms contact
after not getting enough pings to N1DPM.  The contest ends in the NE way before
the rox get really going and a lot of guys to my west seemed to quit early too.
Conditions were enhanced a bit to the S and SW working W5ZN in EM45 and W5AFY in
EM04 on FT8 at 721 miles, but there were an awful lot of empty grids in between
that would have been easy if somebody was on to take advantage of it.

All that said it’s still the most I’ve ever been able to do in a 2M Sprint
and I had fun doing it.

FT8    39 26
MSK     1  1
SSB/CW 35 14