[3830] MoQP K0I(KI0I) Rover Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MoQP K0I(KI0I) Rover Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 13:50:31 +0000
                    Missouri QSO Party - 2020

Call: K0I
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: K0I

Class: Rover Single Op LP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   96      9
   40:  460     13
   20:  174     47
   15:
   10:
----------------------------
Total:  730     69      0  Mults = 69  Total Score = 105,601

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

With a new vehicle and a hurried install , I wondered if it would work at all.
Friday afternoon in cold rain I started setup and completed work in freezing
temps Sat. morn . I had to melt ice from the trunk lid to slap two tri mag
mounts on. After an hour of trying to balance the tuning on 4 whips I gave uip
and went with 3. A hamstick for 40 and 20 and a hustler coil for 80.
I didn't think I`d be able to tune to 40ssb but some how the ldg it-100 made a
match. I got started late for playing with antennas.
The contest went well with no major probs and condx not too bad. 20 was weak but
40 made up for it. I was very tired Sat. nite and went qrt almost 4hrs early.
Driving and yawning don't mix well so for safety sake I gave up likey a couple
hundred more Q`s. 80 was coming on strong when I shut down .
It was fun both days with condx a lil better Sunday with big pileups at county
changes.
My new old Honda peaked at 32mpg and was comfortable, tho I will need a beefier
alternator in the future and some ferrite on the injector wires.
Ran 100w with IC-7100 keyed with winkeyer and Begali.
Thanks to all you who followed along making dozens of qso`s, you know who you
are hihi. N6MU and K1RO chased hard at 43 each, thank you both.
Hope everyone stays safe and this current dilemma is squelched soon.
73 Thank you
Mark
KI0I  K0I/m