[3830] MiQP N8SBE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8sbe@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MiQP N8SBE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 20:17:24 +0000
                    Michigan QSO Party - 2020

Call: N8SBE
Operator(s): N8SBE
Station: N8SBE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 7.3

   80:   4     206
   40:          89
   20:           4
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   4     299  CW Mults = 4  Ph Mults = 77  Total Score = 24,867

Club: ARROW Communications Assn

Comments:

Took three breaks:  MiQRP annual meeting via Zoom, dinner, and a nice long QSO
with Andy, W8PIX.  Well, isn't a QSO party to get out and meet and talk with
folks?

20M was just rough.  Not much going on there whenever I checked.  40M went away
fairly early, so I nestled down on 80M phone for the remainder.  This is really
the only contest where a small pistol station like mine can actually hold a
frequency, since everyone is looking for Michigan stations.

Too bad I strayed 500 Hz into the 80M SSB DX Window (really?) at 3790-3800  kHz
LSB, and was chased back down the band to 3787 kHz.  I can't operate in the area
just above 3800 kHz, due to 20 dB over 9 digital noise from my neighbor's
AT&T U-Verse modem uplink.  Foo.

So, all in all, did OK considering it was part-time, and virtually all of my 80M
SSB contacts were in the Advanced class portion of the band, so there were less
stations there to work.  I pretty much left a lot of points on the table, by not
doing any more CW contacts than I did.  But, I was consistently making contacts
on SSB, so I wasn't much tempted to switch to CW, which looked kind of sparse
when I checked.

Maybe I'll have my RFI problems solved next year, and maybe the sunspot cycle
will be in the upswing....

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE