[3830] MiQP K3WJV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3wjv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K3WJV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 21:59:45 +0000
                    Michigan QSO Party - 2020

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 9
Radios: SO2R

   80:          35
   40:          55
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   0      90  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 33  Total Score = 2,970

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Wow, what a mess. First thing is I didn't read the rules until after the contest
to find out spotting isn't permitted. Spotting would put me in multi op
category. I was going to enter that but there isn't even a category for it this
year. It took me a little while looking on websites to find out that the sponsor
 suspended multi entries due to the virus.

Since I only used skimmer spotting for cw I only counted the ssb contacts and
that is what this score reflects. I wish they permitted spotting like so many
other QP's or had an assisted category but I can do the old school tune for
stations so will remember that next year. I did happen to see one entry give a
portion of his cabrillo that claimed assisted so I'm not sure everybody was on
board actually doing unassisted.

My fault for not checking the rules first. I was involved doing some other
things before the start time or I might have spent the time to check the rules.
My assisted score would have been 178/64 for 17,024 points if it was allowed. At
least I helped the in state people with a bunch of cw Q's.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger