[3830] FlQP WN4AFP SOAB(A)Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, DAVEEDMO@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP WN4AFP SOAB(A)Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 02:49:05 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2020

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 13

   40:  122     89
   20:    5
   15:    1
   10:
--------------------
Total:  128     89  CW Mults = 40  Ph Mults = 40  Total Score = 55,200

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I enjoyed participating in the 2020 FQP! I finished with 211 40m contacts and
worked 45 Florida counties. I managed to make 5 Qs on 20m and I made a miracle Q
on 15m. I worked the "LOVEBUGS" and managed to work 37 of the 40
Virtual Mofixed stations. My best 10 min rate was 48 and 60 min rate was 30. I
also finished up the contest with a nice Phone run during the final hour.

My 'WOW' contact came at 21:31z on 40m CW. I was tuning through CW band heard
the multitude calling N4WW.I knew that he was a new one, so I called him one
time and he responded. My old IC-751 and my N4IQ OCF at 55' was working.

40m was solid into FL from SC for most of the contest. During Saturday evening,
the band went long and half of the FL stations disappeared. It was a ONE BAND
contest for me. I noticed that after 20m opened on Sunday morning, there was a
mass exodus from 40m. The only stations that I heard on 40m from 2pm-4pm were
W4AC, W4TJM and several VM stations. I was out of the chair a lot from 10am
through 4pm.

I would petition the FQP Team to consider allowing the 80m band for the last two
hours of the contest on Saturday night and for the first two hours on Sunday
morning. This would allow stations who can't work FL on 20m to at least have an
opportunity two have TWO BAND contest.

I enjoyed working many new ops and some of my old friends in the Sunshine State.
I even worked K4SBZ, my fellow StateQSOParty.com Team member.

Speaking of the SQP Challenge, please visit http://stateqsoparty.com!

73s and Be Safe! Dave WN4AFP, SQP Team Leader