[3830] FlQP N8II SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP N8II SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 18:53:04 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2020

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   40:   97     52
   20:  137    304
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  234    356  CW Mults = 46  Ph Mults = 48  Total Score = 154,912

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

With no rovers allowed I was not planning on a serious effort in this years
FQP.
The virtual mobiles and increased from home activity due to self quarantining at
least made up for the lost Q's from the rovers. 20 was excellent to about
Orlando and farther south during the mid day hours. A good 20M SSB run in the
first 2-1/4 hours inspired me to put in some effort. It looks like many of the
panhandle counties were not active and I worked most that were. Both days 20M
signals dropped around 19Z and by 2015Z Saturday 20 was pretty much toast. 40
was open
but signals were generally weak by 20Z. By 22Z there was plenty of action on 40.
Around 0015-0045Z 40 phone was extremely busy with FL runners and their callers
from all over except close to FL. I had so much trouble breaking SSB pile ups
that retreating to CW was the smart option.

Sunday started with a surprising number of new stations on 40 CW. I heard
several ops from the west coast active right from their 5 AM start, amazing!
Activity built slowly on 20, but the band was open to central/south FL well by
1315Z. For a while, I thought running on 20 phone was going to be slow all day.
At 1525Z, I finally got a decent run going; activity stayed high until 1820Z.
The casual ops from about Orlando south just kept showing up. High activity
counties by QSO total were: BRE 35 Q's, LAK 31, HIL 31, MAO 30, PIN 28,and PAL
25. My best hourly max rate was 90 at 1709Z Saturday. My next to last Q was a
mult, Baker county on 40 SSB.

Thanks much to the virtual mobiles, LOVEBUG ops, casual ops, and all of the rest
for the all of the QSO's and the incredible turnout. Hopefully, next year will
be even better and life will be normal.

73, Jeff N8II