[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt K2EZ/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MWaveSprngSprnt K2EZ/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 04:12:48 +0000
                    Microwave Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: K2EZ/R
Operator(s): K2EZ
Station: K2EZ/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 38  Max Dist(km) = 187  Total Score = 5,112

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

My first Microwave operation in Texas. Ironically I saw more activity in this
sprint than I have in any of the lower frequency bands in Texas.  It also was my
best Microwave sprint ever for any location. I attribute this to having more
microwave practice and 902 thru 3456 being part of Rover's full time setup..

This was also my first ever 6 grid sprint.

It was also the first time I ever got Qs on 3456 further than 10km. The furthest
being 142km. That alleviates my concerns about that setup and I now better know
what to expect out of that band.  In fairness the only prior opportunity to use
3456 (and 2304) was the January VHF contest.

Somehow I got more 902 Qs than 1296 Qs.  I would have expected to get more 1296
Qs.

Best DX in the sprint was with K5TRA at 187km and worked him on 902, 1296 and
2304 at that distance.

13 Qs on 902
12 Qs on 1296
8 Qs on 2304
5 Qs on 3456

38 Qs total yielded the 5112km total

I also burned 19 gallons of fuel in the sprint for an even 2Qs/gal