[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MWaveSprngSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 18:04:57 +0000
                    Microwave Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31/CT
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

Total:  QSOs = 50  Max Dist(km) = 461  Total Score = 10,523

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

We're now 4 for 4 hr in the NE for well below avg condx during the sprints. I
usually can always hr the K3CX (Packrat) beacon in FM29 on 903. Yesterday could
not hr it at all (unless it was off?). Today - armchair copy as usual. Sigh.

Anyway it is always great to get on and work the microwaves. Most bands had not
been turned on since the January contest so was at least nice to see they seemed
to be ok though 2304 sigs were weak and that is often one of my best microwave
bands. Glad to see 5 and 10G working - I only caught 4 stations on each band but
all were decent distances and W3SZ, WA3DRC and K1KG were all in hr very well.

Not much DX was worked. I tried with WA3EOQ and W1GHZ who are usually very
workable and while I hrd both a bit it was not enough for QSO's. Likewise N1GJ
and several WNY stations though I did hr N2YB on 902 a couple of times well and
then he disappeared. Lost my rotor read out on one of my towers but fortunately
when I plugged in a spare control box it worked fine. Was glad it wasn't the
rotor that was the issue.

Tnx to the sponsors and for the Q's. Cu on 6 next week.

73, Jeff K1TEO

Band           QSOs           Best DX

902            9               406

1296           20              461