[3830] 7QP AE7EU Cnty Exped SO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP AE7EU Cnty Exped SO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 21:25:09 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2020

Call: AE7EU
Operator(s): AE7EU
Station: AE7EU

Class: Cnty Exped SO HP
QTH: CN93ik
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:    7
   80:   19      6
   40:   27     15
   20:   85     42
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  138     63      0  Mults = 41  Total Score = 22,140

Club: CODXC

Comments:

~200 contacts here solo, which is an improvement over the 150 lazy contacts made
last year by the group (though still down from a peak of 750 in years past), the
notable difference this year was that 2/3'rds of my contacts were CW.  Notes for
me next time - Need a comfier operating position, back of truck really doesn't
cut it - need better sleeping arrangements; took a 4-5 hour nap in the middle of
the day during some of the best 20m propagation as I hadn't slept well - Need to
learn morse code better to handle a pileup better.  I had a few piles going and
had to QRT because my brain just couldn't take it and I had to basically just
"oh crap I'm outta here".

The new 80m OCF did pretty good this time around, and the 160m vertical was fun
to listen in on too for 7 CW contacts, though I didn't really stay up late
enough.

OM2VL and a few VE3's threw my brain in to a tailspin a couple times.  But, I
consider this good practice, and a good time.

The weather... was not as much fun.  Had to QRT a couple times because it
suddenly started raining and I realized I'd left windows open letting water into
the back of the truck.  Snowed on me at 8pm.  Overnight waking up this morning,
my water container outside had 3" of water, and the water that had pooled
on top of my totes was frozen solid.

I want to take a second too and thank every single person who responded to my
CQ's on CW.  I thank you for your patience, as I know I was not always fast at
picking up your callsign or exchange.  For a few of you, somehow, for some silly
reason, N1MM decided to wipe the contact instead of log it.  I apologize, it
probably hurts me more than you.  For others, if you are reading this, and found
me in a pile just to have me leave... well, I'm not yet to the point of working
a pileup.  But, I will get there!