[3830] 7QP W7TR(KH2TJ) Cnty Exped SO QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7tr@outlook.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP W7TR(KH2TJ) Cnty Exped SO QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 21:54:48 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2020

Call: W7TR
Operator(s): KH2TJ
Station: W7TR

Class: Cnty Exped SO QRP
QTH: Elko, NV
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   24     0       0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   24     0       0  Mults = 9  Total Score = 612

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Set up on a SOTA peak just south of Elko.  First time I used/humped up a laptop.
 Everything played well the day before while setting up the K1EL keyer, laptop,
and KX2.  Up on the hill, I wasted almost an hour trying to get things working.
Turned out that for some reason the cheap 4 port USB hub adapter decided not to
play!  Only had enough time afterwards to Spin and Grin on 20M.  Sigs sounded
good, but could only work sta's in the NEQP and a few others in 7QP.  W6OAT was
extremely loud in the little earbuds.   Had to cut it short as I was due to go
back to work around 1800hrs local time.  A check of my RBN spots sure look
pretty dismal.  I usually get better reports, so not sure if the bands were just
in bad shape, or the KX2 doesn't like being mated up with other gear - she's
spoiled that way  ;-)    I usually get to play this one up at W7RN - guess I've
been spoiled on what great antennae can do...C ya next year...73, Todd KH2TJ