[3830] CWopsT KJ5T QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@kj5t.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT KJ5T QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 04:12:19 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z May 21

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   2
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:   2  Mults = 2  Total Score = 4

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Okay, I am not ready for operating at those speeds yet!

Original plan had been to get on my first CWT during the June 10th special night
where everyone is using 20WPM or less but I figured I would tune around a bit
and see if I could copy anything at all.  The first 15 minutes were extremely
overwhelming, I was copying a bunch of CQ's and partial calls and was trying to
find my bearings.  I finally found W7SW, and after many many tries to get the
name he was sending I decided to give him a call.  Got him logged and was
feeling better but my QRP signal into the wire on the balcony just wasn't good
enough to beat the pile-ups.  I am not entirely sure that N5EE got me, he faded
after his requests for repeats, I think the band was going long at that point
for me.  Some probably wouldn't log him but I did copy the exchange so went
ahead and logged him.  I know there are debates about that among some.

I was using the keyboard to send in this one, I will likely use the paddles
during the June 10th event when the speeds are little slower to get more paddle
practice.  I may be lingering in future events, for me right now it isn't about
winning anything (which is unlikely with my current antenna situation, even if I
was a better CW Op).  It is a great opportunity to just listen to high speed CW
and try to pull out calls and exchanges.

73 de KJ5T