[3830] WPX CW VE9AA SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VE9AA SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 22:14:56 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 15:41

------------
  160:
   80:   72
   40:  355
   20:  525
   15:  255
   10:  156
------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Only 21 days ago, I snowblowed 27cm of snow from my driveway.
This afternoon, I mowed some pretty deep/thick grass.  Wx in NB !

Just played around here and there.  Slept both nights, made meals for the
family.  Drove kid to work, mowed 2 acres of grass.  Worked on the cars, etc.

Had a strange Q I could not complete.  Wish I had made an audio recording, but
in any case, the station was sending me a combination of letters and numbers
instead of just numbers (and no, before anyone asks...not cut #'s...at least not
any that I am familiar with.)  I remember the letter C....after 3 tries, I gave
up and kept moving up the band.

Had one station that their CW sounded like a trumpet or saxophone.  I can only
presume they were using some kind of software and decoding my CW on SSB mode.
Even though signals were strong, took 3-4 overs to complete an otherwise vy easy
QSO. sigh.  I heard more than one signal sound like this....those SSB signals
are wide, guys.  Wide is not what we need in an CW contest.  just sayin'

Almost no freq fights....at least during times I was on.

Bands:
160m. Never tried it.
80m.  Noisy...mostly a waste of time.
40m.  Weak.
20m.  Sucked mid day but 10-15 filled  the gaps.
15m. Es….mostly East Coast and a few EU and Carib.
10m. Same as 15m.

I spent a lot of time playing DXer on 10 & 15 (yes, I know that's a waste of
time in this everyone-works-everyone contest) but because I was just playin' for
fun and not serious, I found it a lot of fun to work DX on 10 & 15m.  I
can't remember the last time I made 150+ Q's in any contest on 10m (or 250+ on
15m)

Sure to be some big #'s this time around. Thanks to the pandemic.  I'd rather
have no Covid and less #'s, but that's life right now.

Thanks 4 all the Q's.  Lotsa weird callsigns...only a few of which I know the
true identity.  I played using my own call.

73 es CU (all of a sudden) in the next one.

dit dit
Mike VE9AA in New Brunswick, Canada
Single Icom IC7410 this w/e and an assortment of wiggly wires;
10m - Wire GP base @ 13feet
15m - 5-el wire SVDA or Delta Loop
20m - Delta Loop
40m - Wire 4-Sq