[3830] WPX CW N1DC SOAB Classic TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N1DC SOAB Classic TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 00:29:57 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic TB-Wires
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

------------
  160:   21
   80:   81
   40:  214
   20:  478
   15:  115
   10:  145
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

A great contest with excellent conditions. Yes it's possible to run with 100W.
This was about 80% S&P and the rest running.

Great to have 10M wide open on Saturday. Brings back memories from the past.

This was a personal best in the WPX by more that 3X the previous high. I had QSO
goals along the way...first 500 then 600, 700, etc.  I realized something big
was happening. I was at 985 at 2315 utc and 1,000 was within reach. 40M pushed
me all the way to 1,054. I was running with the big dogs during the final hour
down low on 40M !

Never thought I would get to 1M points. The EU 6 point qso's and new prefixes
kept coming and the score rose sharply in the final hour.

20M was incredible on Sunday with endless stations answering. Signals from EU
were loud. Didn't hear much from Africa or A/P.

Most interesting QSO was UW5EJX/mm on 40M at 1211 utc Sunday. He called in the
middle of a USA run.

Great fun.

Thanks for the QSO's

Station:  TenTec Omni 7 @ 100W, Hy-Gain Explorer 14  4 element yagi 10/15/20
80/40 dipoles fed with ladder line, 160M Inverted L fed with coax
Win 7 PC running N1MM+

73,
Rick  N1DC