[3830] WPX CW N3QE SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N3QE SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 01:24:07 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:   78
   40: 1106
   20: 1211
   15:  184
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My pie-in-the-sky goal was to make 2500Q's and 5M points. Wow, because of the
activity that was easy!

This is the latest in the calendar year that WPX ever happens so maybe it didn't
take a solar flare to wipe out broad-daylight 20M to EU path, maybe absorption
would've done that anyway. But about the time the sun began setting in EU, 20M
lit up just amazingly loud with Europeans, 40M conditions were simply superb,
and participation and activity completely over-the-top.

Bulk of points come from lots of 6-pointers on 40M both Friday and Saturday
nights, and 3-pointers on 20M both late Saturday and late Sunday afternoon.

The solar flare on Saturday delivered huge easy E-skip all over north america on
20M/15M. As a result there 1-pointers everywhere, and lots of the close-in mults
easy on 20M and never had to do much on 80M to pick up local prefixes. Also....
40M had so much activity that it never slowed down so never felt I had to go to
80M for that reason either.

Ten-Tec Eagle -> AL-1500 -> Link-Coupled Tuners -> 130 foot doublet up
80 feet.