[3830] WPX CW TI7W(N3KS) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kamal.sirag@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW TI7W(N3KS) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 01:38:11 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: TI7W
Operator(s): N3KS
Station: TI7W

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EK70
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   81
   40: 1782
   20: 1322
   15:  596
   10:  103
------------

Club:

Comments:

As always, a great contest and thanks to everyone who participated.  I got in
the chair later than preferable to start the contest, and it gave me an
appreciation of how crowded 20m and 40m were in the beginning.  Quite impressive
on the panadapter and there wasn't hair's width of open space viewable until at
least 60KHZ up from the bottom of the band.  Great to see! From here, it was a
bit of a slog, especially the first night and early afternoon (local time) on
Saturday.  40 meters is usually a money band from TI7W, but it was pretty
difficult to get anything really going the first night.  Even the usually robust
JA runs in the weee hours of the morning lacked depth (both nights actually.)
Here in Costa Rica we are about a month into the thunderstorm season, and it
really showed.  Sorry for all the repeat requests! This will not be one of my
cleaner log submissions.
Congrats to the LZ5R op who seemed to be in a different ionospehere, for an
amazing score.
The TI7W station made it through relatively unscathed, however one amplifier
gave up the ghost, and I think the 80m yagis have had their feedlines attacked
by moles (the moles here will eat through everything, including plastic
tubeing)- there was no way to dual CQ on 80m with any other band using the yagis
- too much interstation interference, which has never been a problem before.
>From here, 40m and 20m were the bands to be on.  10m was pretty much open both
days, but there didn't seem to be as many signals on the band as I would have
expected considering it seemed open all day.  15m was a bit better here, and 20m
was actually very good to EU in the mid afternoons local time.
I always enjoy the end of the CQWPX contest, there usually seems to be a flurry
of activity as ops try to grab those last mults and everyone has the opportunity
to be someone's needed mult.  It was cool to have 5Z4/G3AB call in on 40m with
just 3 minutes left in the contest.

73
Kam
N3KS