[3830] WPX CW K3WJV SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3wjv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K3WJV SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 04:03:17 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 35.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    6
   80:  121
   40:  480
   20:  820
   15:  281
   10:   32
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

The only goal I had was to beat my previous scores and hit 3 meg.  As Sunday
morning came it looked like that might not happen.  Eu was just not workable
either day early like it usually is.  I didn't learn how things could work until
Sunday afternoon when Eu was loud, easy to work, and runnable.  I had a good
spurt and I was getting closer to 3 meg and broke it with over an hour left.  I
couldn't run EU on 15 but kept listening for stations to jump out and eventually
hear me.  Even worked a few EU on 10.

Had a ton of fun.  This is my favorite contest.  Already looking forward to next
year.  Didn't do very much real so2r work but nice to be able to jump back &
forth between the 2 rigs.  One radio stayed on 40 and the K3 did the band
hopping.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger