[3830] WPX CW MM3AWD SO(A)AB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW MM3AWD SO(A)AB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 11:59:23 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: MM3AWD
Operator(s): MM3AWD
Station: MM3AWD

Class: SO(A)AB QRP
QTH: Old Deer (Home QTH)
Operating Time (hrs): 32

------------
  160:    0
   80:  182
   40:  346
   20:  682
   15:  362
   10:  294
------------

Club: Interest Group RTTY

Comments:

What a weekend, i cant recall i contest like it in the last 3 years.
All bands were just crazy, normally we complain here in the north about the
openings on 15 & 10m not reaching this far north, but it seems that was
reversed this weekend as they seemed much better in the north!
Both were open for the full contest with extreme enhanced E's and multi hop
skip.

This contest almost didnt happen, after completing my last day at work for the
final time on Friday, i went to contest QTH and set everything up, only
completing 15 minutes before the contest start, only to find that i had a
generator problem.
The generator was running and seemed fine, but no power was being distributed.
Angered and extremely downhearted i jumped in the car and came home.

Decided that i would go back to QTH at first light and take everything down and
take it back to the home QTH and do the contest from here.
Seems like it was a good idea as the numbers show!

I added some extra items over the "normal" set up i have had at home
of late,
taking the 100' trailer mast back home and parking it up just outside the back
yard and fixing the Hy-Gain TH6 on it, with fabulous weather this weekend i had
no need to guy it (i do not advise this to anyone, safety first!)
The reason this tower has bot been up at home for many months is to keep the
neighbors happy. But as i am leaving here on Wednesday morning, i thought what
the heck!

TH6 was fixed east at 80' and the Hexbeam was fixed to NA, this way i could
switch between the 2 quickly and not have to turn anything, seemed to work fine
this way.
Thankfully my pull lines were still installed in the trees surrounding my
property, so to install the Full wave loops for 80 & 40 could be done
effortlessly.

Onto the contest.
Starting 10 and half hours late, i had a lot of catching up to do.
Had a wonderful battle with Marko, YT2T on live scoreboard.

As stated the bands were incredible, some of the numbers posted are incredible,
it looks like we all experienced similar all over.

I operated this as a SO2V operation, i haveen working on this for many months,
trying to perfect my action and how to utilize band openings and where to be.
2nd VFO was CQing 99% of the time in a reasonably clear point of the band being
operated, being assisted this time around with skimmer spots visible it was
easier to find a reasonable frequency, until it was stolen by higher power
stations.

This was my final contest from Scotland, glad i could be there and provide many
with the MM3 mult (although there were a few other MM3's around)
NE9U has the honor of being the final contact for me from GM land
Thanks for all the q's over the years in many contests.
We move to England on Wednesday and will take a week or 2 to set up minimally to
be active at least.

Setup.
Yaesu FT1000MP @5 Watts (This has always been the case, never more, regardless
of what some people think)
N1MM+ Logger (SO2V)

Antennas
Hygain TH6DXX @ 80 feet fixed East
Hexbeam Fixed at NA.
80m Full wave loop @ 100 feet
40m Full wave loop @ 90 feet

Best wishes to all and thanks for the fun this weekend.
Now to dismantle all the station again and pack it away until it reaches G
land.

See you as M3AWD for the time being in upcoming contests.

73, Scott
For the final time MM3AWD