[3830] WPX CW ZM4T(ZL3IO) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW ZM4T(ZL3IO) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 00:30:14 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: ZM4T
Operator(s): ZL3IO
Station: ZL3IO

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Kiwi-DX-LOdge
Operating Time (hrs): 34:18

------------
  160:
   80:   37
   40: 1320
   20:  461
   15:  142
   10:
------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first contest after having spent months in hospital (no, not with
Covid-19). I'm still very weak and needed many small breaks but managed and
enjoyed 34 hrs in the chair.

Luckily we had no major storms/wind during my hospital time and the antennas
were all still up and playing.

Conditions were good, actually too good in the Northern hemisphere with great
shirt skip Es propagation on 10 m and open lines between NA/EU/AS. In the WPX
were there are plenty of multipliers on offer is no need to look out for or
focus on rare DX. That makes it a challenge for more remote places like the
Southern hemisphere. On the other hand it is an opportunity to learn if your
station is performing.

Tactics are fairly simple. You need to be on the low bands whenever possible
since they offer higher points. So 40 m usually is the band to be as it allows
best rates from the privileged low bands.

I very much enjoyed it to be back in contesting. For most of the time it was a
parallel race with Jacky ZM1A. He was my main motivation to stay in the chair
but at the end I had to let him go. Well done, Jacky!

I've recorded the contest and downloaded the QSO files to dropbox. There is a
link on our qrz.com page.

Thanks for the QSO's and hope to work you again soon!
73 Holger

Rig: FLEX-6600M + RF kit amp
Ant:
80: 4 square
40: 3L (SA/EU long path) + 2L (NA) + 2L (AS/EU sp)
20: 3L + 3L
15: 3L + 3L