[3830] KyQP WB8WKQ SO Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, seismadude2@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] KyQP WB8WKQ SO Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 02:40:18 +0000
                    Kentucky QSO Party - 2020

Call: WB8WKQ
Operator(s): WB8WKQ
Station: WB8WKQ

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    1
   80:   15     13
   40:   35     24
   20:    6      5
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:   57     42      0  Mults = 39  Total Score = 13,868

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

99 Q's??  Are you kidding me?  I couldn't have made one last Q to make it an
impressive 100 Q's?  Hi Hi.  Well, after a dismal performance on the Arkansas
QSO Party (I was sick and worked a quick 40 and went back to bed), I think I may
have redeemed myself just a little bit.  At least compared to previous years, in
which my "all time all time" KYQP QSO total was 59 Q's.  Not sure if
there was more activity this year from KY stations, or more "butt in the
seat" time on my part.  Either way, it was my best KY QP performance.
(Note point total includes 17 bonus station contacts).  I got real lucky and
checked 20 meters and was able to muster up 11 Q's on 20, and even some on
phone.  Not sure if they were super short skip or ground wave, but either way,
that helped a lot.  Obviously 40M was the "money band".  80 was quite
noisy, and only being barefoot, some of the Q's were a little bit of a struggle,
understandably.  Many thanks to the mobiles, especially N4TY (9 Q's) and AE8M (5
Q's).  Even worked W4CDA on 160M right near the end of the contest.  Thanks to
all for the Q's and the event!