[3830] ARRL June VHF AA9RK Limited Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa9rk@e-falk.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF AA9RK Limited Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 03:39:10 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  119    61  Total Score = 7,503

Club: West Allis RAC

Comments:

My son Max (KD9NZB, about to turn nine years old) and I did a Limited
Multioperator station.  We used our IC-7300 and:
50 watts on 6 meters, into a 2 element Diamond A502HB attic beam;
15 watts on 2 meters, from the UT5JCW transverter into a 5 element Diamond
A144S5 attic beam;
and 5 watts from a handheld on 2 meter/70 cm FM, into a Diamond V2000A attic
vertical.

Yes, our attic is full of antennas.  No, Diamond isn't paying me.

Though we both enjoy digital modes, I was afraid this was going to turn into
nothing but an FT8/FT4 contest.  I was pleased to see that wasn't the case; we
made 58 contacts on digital, but also 47 on phone and, I'm proud to say, 14 on
CW.  Thanks to all 14 of you who put up with my rusty fist on the straight key
and were willing to QRS for me.  The propagation was interesting and fun, with
openings from Wisconsin to the northeast, mid-Atlantic, southeast, Texas, and
Colorado at various times.

73 and thanks.  We had a great time.