[3830] ARRL June VHF K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 13:00:36 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  176    98  Total Score = 17,836

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Saturday was about as bad as it gets. Only cool things were working VE2CSI in
FO60 - I'm not a grid chaser but I don't recall ever working an FO grid before.
And the cut number CW QSO with W1NN here in grid square EN NA. A late evening
opening to the Minneapolis area was the only thing approaching excitement.

Sunday was great, six meter skip to pretty much of the eastern 2/3 of the
country at some time or other. It did take until evening to work the first DM
grid QSO, and then only 3 or 4 QSOs with the Colorado grids. And only one late
QSO to the Texas EL grids.

Higher bands - meh. To be expected with six meters open, but also missing the
active multiops of past years. A half full or half empty situation - lots of
people on six, but it used to be that if you bothered to get a six meter radio,
you might also get something for the higher bands. Now with six meters standard
in HF rigs, folks can pretty much get their VHF desires satisfied without adding
another rig.

All QSOs involved human decoding. And more QSOs on CW than on SSB. And I missed
a lot of people who apparently used only machine decoding.

73  -  Jim  K8MR