[3830] ARRL June VHF N1DC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N1DC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 13:05:30 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  153    67  Total Score = 10,251

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My first VHF contest in 52 years of ham radio.

No real antenna for 6M. The TenTec Omni 7 internal tuner doesn't work on 6M. My
MFJ-986 HF tuner doesns't work above 30Mhz.

I decided to direct conect my Hy-Gain Explorer 14 yagi. It's not supposed to
work above 29.7 MHz. I was 1.8/1 from 50.0 to 50.250. How crazy is that !

Not knowing 6M propagation very well, the band seemed dead Saturday around
sunset local time. Then I found a couple of midwest beacons at S6.

Time to call CQ. I was amazed at all the action. Most distant QSO was Colorado.
I kept the antenna at 280d for the entire contest. Other directions produced
much weaker signals. Lots of QSO's with the mid west and into the deep south.

Thanks for the QSO's.

73,
Rick  N1DC