[3830] ARRL June VHF K4VBM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ptcorners@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K4VBM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 13:14:18 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  205    64  Total Score = 13,120

Club: Four Landers VHF/UHF Group

Comments:

Who was to predict that 6m would open up like crazy and make for an
exciting/busy time?  WOW!  No 70cm contacts, but I did try many times.  At least
made a few contacts on 2m.  Made 6m contacts on all 3 antennas -- amazing how
polarization matters.  The loop did the best on horizontal polarization over the
lawn chair hi hi, but the lawn chair did work well.  My money mode was FT8, with
FT4 following, and CW in 3rd place. An amazing 64 unique grids.  Brings back
fond memories of when I first got licensed, and the bands were like this all the
time.  Highlights were the FT4 contact with K1JT, Joe Taylor, a QSO with a
Bermuda station, and my first MSK144 meteor scatter contact (on 6m, you really
should try it sometime). Lowlights were 3 WSJT-X crashes which hung N1MM+ and
forced a computer reboot to fix.  First time I had the WSJT-X/N1MM+ integration
and it really works well - will probably use for field day.  Can't wait to see
what awards I have completed after this amazing weekend.
Every weekend should be this fun! :)