[3830] ARRL June VHF KG5CCI Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dave@druidnetworks.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KG5CCI Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 18:40:13 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2020

Call: KG5CCI
Operator(s): AC0RA NJ4Y KG5CCI
Station: KG5CCI

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: EM36 AR
Operating Time (hrs): 33

    6: 1167   209
    2:   88    54
  222:   31    23
  432:   28    22
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total: 1373   308  Total Score = 422,884

Club:

Comments:

The original plan for us this year was to go to Santa Rosa Island, CA and
activate CM93... Coronavirus however forced us to push that plan out til 2021.
Since KG5CCI had a new QTH out in the mountains of the Ozarks with a somewhat
respectable horizon and lots of space to spread, we decided to put on a limited
multi-op instead.

Equipment was mostly Wyatt's (AC0RA) some of Dave's (KG5CCI) and 1 radio of
Matt's (NJ4Y). Setup was as follows:

6M Station:
1x 6m7 at 45'
1x 6m5 at 35'
Icom 7300
Acom 1200s (running mostly ~900w)

2M Station:
1x 12 Element Cushcrap LFA at 45'
Icom 9700
LinearAmpUK (Running ~800w)

222mhz Station:
1x 7wl Homebrewed m2 imitation at 32'
Yaesu 991
Demi Transverter
Surplus Harris Amp(Running ~600w)

70cm Station:
1x 432 9WL m2 Yagi at 35'
Icom 9700 (Running 75W)

Other Assorted Gear:
9200W Champion Generator (Ran whole contest)
Couple Pop up Tents
2 Tables (One actual table, one piece of plywood on sawhorses)
3 big old box fans running all the rpms
Dedicated Laptops and computers on each band

Other Random Notes:

Wyatt & Dave managed to stay awake for the entire contest, and Matt took
about a 3 hour nap between 2AM and 5AM. Wyatt recalls Dave was doing Yoga on a
little cooler about 4AM when the EME wasn't going so well... things got a little
loopy.. W5VY/R and KE0MHJ/R were both super reliable and we ran the bands from
numerous grids with them. It was also really cool to get K5ND/R from all bands
when he was in EM24, which is a place Dave has operated from many times. Wyatt
mostly ran the 6m station, including several very long runs on sideband, which
is where most of the QSOs came from... if his voice sounded muffled it was
because he was likely eating hotdog kolaches from the Shipley's donuts that is a
mile down the road. The new QTH in addition to having a good view, is dangerous
to our waist lines. Pretty sure we each gained at least 6 pounds.

All in all it was a super enjoyable contest, we think the score was respectable
for our first time doing a multi-op, and we're making bigger and better plans
for next year. 73 You Betcha.

-Dave, Wyatt and Matt