[3830] ARRL June VHF WB9TFH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, giljvan@netscape.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF WB9TFH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 19:02:01 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  307   210  Total Score = 50,610

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

My goal was to break 300 Q's and I did that. I would of had
more if I didn't miss the first 5 hours doing tower, 432 quagi
antenna, coax & connector's repair. Started that earlier in week
but rain & family prevented working before the contest.
I really wanted more 432 Q's, not many out there since I fixed
the antenna system before the contest.
SIX meters was in great shape. Using ssb, cw, FT8 & FT4.
Ft4 is good, used it at the end picking up new grids out
west & during the contest, some OP's stritkly used digital and
had high scores. Spent most time on SSB but maybe should been
digital for more Q's. No EU here, at times the E clouds were
overhead and and the band was dead, had to wait, loss of more Q's.
I watched the E clouds for propagation to see where I could work.
When the digital signals' db were in the plus I switched to ssb for
faster rate of Q's. I favor ssb and cw.
All in all this was my best VHF contest and I hope many more.
Great to work SMC'ers,BC'ers and rovers, thanks to all.