[3830] ARRL June VHF K7III SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, de-3830@k7iii.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K7III SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 20:09:07 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  100    12  Total Score = 1,200

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

Propagation in my area was poor compared to previous June VHF contests,
especially considering it was near the solstice. For me, the band only opened
long enough to make one sporadic E contact. I received and was received by over
30 unique grids via sporadic E propagation the morning after it ended.

I also tried FM on 1.25cm as well as FT8, SSB, and FM on 70cm but didn't hear
anyone else. (This might say more about my station than band activity – I
operate with compromised antennas in a noisy urban environment.)

Regardless of any score, I had a great time and stayed relatively busy thanks to
all the nearby operators and PNWVHFS members that participated. I also made more
CW contacts on 6m than usual, which is my favorite mode.