[3830] All Asian CW W7RN M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, matt.thomas.m@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW W7RN M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 01:32:58 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W7RN
Operator(s): AA6AA K6DGW WX5S
Station: W7RN

Class: M/M HP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:   79    41
   40:  471   133
   20:  595   187
   15:   40    24
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1185   385  Total Score = 486,640

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

We were a 100% remote operation. The main station has K3's and Remote Rig boxes.
Remote operators had K3/0's and run distributed N1MM connected via a VPN
network.

80/15 main antennas were stuck pointed NE and main 40m antennas were on the
ground. A main goal was to test out our new ISP and VPN network.  We have made
big improvements and our audio drop out issues seem to have been solved.

However there seems to be a basic incompatibility between Remote Rig/K3 combo
and remote control by N1MM.  N1MM frequently loses communication with the remote
K3 and you get the "Reset Radio" button/prompt at the bottom of the
bandmap. One of our ops kept count and over 30 hours of operation, this happened
123 times!  Continual Radio Resets are very annoying.  Any sort of workaround or
solution remains elusive.