[3830] All Asian CW K3EST M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk3est@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW K3EST M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 20:51:11 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST K6AW N6RO N6WM W9KKN WA6O
Station: K3EST

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

  160:    5     5
   80:   95    46
   40:  643   160
   20:  537   183
   15:  102    52
   10:   24    18
-------------------
Total: 1406   464  Total Score = 712,240

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Our effort was Multi/multi with K3EST, N6RO, N6WM, WA6O, W9KKN and K6AW. Only
N6RO, and K3EST were on-site. Conditions were good and JA activity was very
good. We beat last years’ score due to more QSOs/mults on 40, 15 and
10.Generally speaking it went well with remote operation. We were using Slack to
communicate. Slack is sure distracting when you are running.  It would have been
less interruptive with voice communication. The conditions overall were good
except 160/80 produced less then what was possible where activity was down.
Looks like JA especially, took advantage of the higher band openings.  .
160:  N6RO Despite band being very quiet for this time of year, prop was
poor, limiting activity in JA.  Very short bursts of big RBN numbers
11-1230Z, both mornings. Only semi-loud sigs were JH4UYB and JA0FVU.
80: W9KKN remote:: As is normal for this time of year, the windows on 80m to
Asia are short-lived. Lots of pocket propagation and unspotted mults at ESP
level. Best to spin the dial and make sure you’ve got them all before they
disappear. There wasn’t much left Sunday morning from Saturday and it seems
like the propagation was incrementally biased for the higher bands than last
year — which is a good thing... let’s keep going in that direction. I had a
few equipment issues doing so2r with 20m/80m the second night, so sorry if you
called and I didn’t come back to you right away.
40m: WA6O remote cleaned the band the first night while K3EST put more in the
log the second might.  N6RO attempted to work the Mideast in the 02-03z hour
both days. No QSOs; heard P3X on Friday, 9K2NO on Sat. Both just above the
noise. We beat last years’ QSO total by quite a bit

20: K3EST the first day. From 0000 to about 0600 working deep Asians and
scattered JAs. Conditions were slow going until about 0600z when the band opened
to JA very well. It remained open all night. 20m was open all 48 hours to
somewhere in Asia. Nice to see activity from 3W, XU, and 5 VR2s! The second day
started with K6AW (remote) and later K3EST for an hour about 0700  the 20m baton
was passed to W9KKN (remote) who did SO2R 20/80. K3EST moved to 40m
15: N6WM remote:  normal opening on 15 with decent kickoff run. Activity still a
bit anemic.  Normal 06-08 openings both nights.  15 open to Middle East sat am
with very loud A4 and with good copy on P3 on same path.
10: N6WM remote: Welcome opening to JA on 10 at 22-2300 both days, a bit Weaker
on sun.  This is suspected Es since reports of 6m open to JA.
Thanks to the dedication of W9KKN, N6WM, WA6O, N6RO  and K3EST we kept BIC all
the times the bands were open. Mostly calling CQs to attract Asian tuners.
Thanks to Ken ,N6RO for the use of his FB station. Thanks to Bill, W9KKN, N6WM
and Na6O for their hard work constantly fending off Murphey when the software
hiccupped. Look for activity from us again in the next major contest.