[3830] ARRL FD WD6T 1D HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD WD6T 1D HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 22:23:36 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  168     0      138  Total Score = 592

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Quandry... what to do this year?  At the last minute, I joined the NW6P remote
multi-op (class 2D, high power)... but also played from my home station (often
simultaneously).

Started off trying to get into the FD spirit by putting up a new antenna... just
a 6m dipole, but it's something. Got it strung up just as 6m was closing.

Then got on 20m CW from home, but signals were weak and few callers. Gave up
after a short time.  In contrast, when I later connected to NW6P, I had many
hours of rates well over 100 on 20m. While strictly SO1R, there was plenty to do
sorting out the pileups, wolfing down dinner and dealing with my dog. As if that
weren't enough multi-tasking, I kept my home station going at the same time with
FT4/8 ("SO2FD").

When my shift at NW6P was over at 0330, switched back to CW from home. 40m (and
later 80m) on my vertical were in much better shape than what I had experienced
earlier on the higher bands with my beam, and I was able to run continuously.
Later, back on NW6P, and back to digital at home. Quit at 0930.

Really missed the usual FD experience, but nice to see many call signs
unfamiliar to SCP. Hope they get the contest bug.