[3830] ARRL FD KZ5D 1D HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD KZ5D 1D HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 00:05:32 +0000

  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

What a surprise finding 10 meters wide open! One of my nearby ham friends called
to alert me that 6 meters was open to the West. I was involved in a couple of
projects so when I got on the band was only open to another LA station. QSYed to
10 to find that band jumping. I stayed on 10 for the first 5 hours. Did some 40
& 80 in the late afternoon and evening. Both of these bands were quite good
and not too noisy. When I got back on Sunday morning after a good night's sleep,
I headed to 20m. I went back to 10 for a little over an hours around 1430z. Once
again, the band was alive. This was reminiscent of the good old days when 10 was
the money band in DX contests. All in all, almost one half of my QSOs were on
10. Yes, I did seem to forget about 15. Thanks to all for the Qs and great fun
while social distancing.